Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Lesson

Alright yesterday I learnt a very valuable lesson. I finished work and had parked the truck in the yard. My old man said he would pick me up and to just ring him but I thought bugger it I will just run home. Our yard is only about a kilometer from my house so its not a major thing. I have walked home from there a few times and its pretty easy. What I didn't take into account was the impact of running in big steel capped boots. By the time I got home I felt like my legs were going to fall off and I could barely lift them off the ground. My boots probably weigh a couple of kilograms each so it was like running with heavy weights strapped to my legs. Today was the worst part because all day I struggled to walk as my legs were still stiff and sore. I definitely learnt my lesson and next time I think I will just take them off and run bare foot.

I am in a bind this weekend because as usual I am double booked but this time its bad. The Lost Show are playing a gig at a venue called the Rhino Room in town but it is also Sophie's birthday celebrations at Salt down the Bay. I feel terrible missing the Lost Show's gig because I always support them but I cannot miss Sophie's. I'm in a Jam. I am going to go to Sophie's no matter what but I still feel bad.

No comments: