Monday, October 15, 2007

My Big Weekend

It was all go this weekend. It started Friday morning with work being absolutely crazy. We had to dig a whole footing for an addition in one day so we could get it inspected Friday afternoon and we were flat out all day. I got home at about 5:30 and was pretty stuffed. The girl, Calvin, Kosta, Callum and his girlfriend Bubba came to mine while I was still in the shower and after I got ready in a hurry, had a few beers while the girl got ready we headed down to the Backpackers where I was having my party.

Once there we headed out to get Subway and Wendy's hotdogs before heading back. I conned everyone into blowing up balloons and hanging streamers while I pretty much did nothing. After that it started to get busy. People came in dribs and drabs but after a while there was a pretty good crowd.

The highlights of the night were the first hour with everyone there, doing Jagerbombs and really just the rest of the night. The low lights were me nearly getting into a fight with some weirdo, the shot that the girls behind the bar gave me which was Taquilla and black Sambuca and the slight mix up of the bar tab at the end. I was a bit disappointed because with about an hour left to go in the night there was a huge slab of the tab left and when I went to talk to the boss at the end he told me it was all gone. Now we didn't really drink that much in the last hour because everyone was quite drunk so I think I got stooged a bit but I didn't really care all that much.

Saturday morning, even though I didn't have to work, I felt terrible. Very seedy. The girl and I just hung out at mine and at more Subway and watched the Moto GP qualifying which was on at Phillip Island and then headed to hers to get ready and head out for Blakes 21st.

When we got to Blakes it became apparent that everyone was feeling a bit average after mine. I felt terrible because even Blake was hung over and it was his 21st. The girl and I too it pretty easy drinks wise and felt ok. On the stroke of midnight the girl did a shot for her 22nd birthday and then we made our way off. We stopped by at the London Tavern on the way home to see some of my mates and the girls friends. The girl used to work at the Tav and knows most of the people who work there, and I just talked to Calvin.

Sunday morning didn't start until about 11 and the girl and I just bummed around all day. We made bacon and eggs for breakfast before going out and buying some more fish for her fish tank. We headed home after that to watch the Moto GP race, which Australia's Casey Stoner won, and then just chilled out for the rest of the night. It was a fine end to the weekend because after all that partying we needed a relaxing day.

No comments: