Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Soreness

This week has been tough at work. My old man is away on holidays so I have been working by myself. Yesterday I worked hard. I had the crappy job of putting up a fence and so I had to dig the holes for the posts and concrete them in. Normally we use a hole borer on an excavator to dig the holes but because of the limited access on this job I had to dig them by hand and hot diggity was it a challenge. The worst part was that I had organised to have a game of squash with Hoggot last night. Luckily he was just as buggered from work so it was a pretty even game. We played for a few hours and then called it quits when neither of us could run any more. After squash I was definitely stuffed and cruised to the girl's house to have a shower and hit the hay.

This morning was a challenge too. I seriously didn't want to get out of bed and once I had I regretted it. I was sore all day. Squash is an awesome game but when you only play it once every few months it just about kills you.

The girl and I are heading out to the Kentish tonight with people to have a few drinks and tea. I can't remember the last time we went there so hopefully this resparks our ritual of eating there. Bye now.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I had to re- read it but yup it says ''played for a few hours''
you have serious masochistic tendencies Spud!