Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Cool Summer

It was cold Friday. I know that sounds boring but it hasn't been cold for months. Let alone during the day time but Friday at work I nearly froze to death. This whole weekend was cool especially the nights. The nights were freezing. I though it was supposed to be summer?

Friday after work I was pretty stuffed and the girl had just finished working six night shifts so neither of us were very excited about anything but we managed to conjure up some enthusiasm and headed out to Hally's new place for a bit of a house warming party thing. I didn't think it was going to be a big thing so the girl and I rocked up in trackies looking pretty daggy and there was about 20 other people there so that was a bit awkward. We didn't stay long because we were both tired and it was soo cold. He is renting with another friend of ours so we did a bit of a tour of the house and then went home.

The girl and I woke up late Saturday morning and didn't end up rising till 1:30 in the afternoon. We decided to head to Marion to do a bit of shopping so the girl could buy something to wear to Katrina's 21st which was that night. We must have looked in just about every store at Marion before she found a nice top. She tried it on and she looked hot so we bought it and left. I saw a friend I went to school with who is a cheerleader/dancer. She was doing some promo stuff with Coca Cola so we chatted for a bit and laughed at one of the other guys who was giving out free hugs.

After leaving Marion we got home and struggled to find motivation to get ready to go out. We managed to scam a ride with Layno and were barely ready by the time he arrived. We got Katrina some nice cocktail glasses and a bottle of Midori. The bottle of Midori was a personal joke because when we were in year 9 or 10 we had a party and after shotting most of a bottle of Midori Katrina puked green spaghetti. It was quite possibly the grossest thing I have ever seen. Hilarious though.

Katrina's was really good and after too many beers and alcoholic slushies I was toasted and we came home. Today though my head feels like someone put rocks in a tin can and rattled it. Not good. A good weekend though. Byes.

No comments: