Sunday, December 17, 2006

My Sky High











The panels are going up tomorrow so i will be finished with this god damn job for at least a week. We hired a boom lift so that we could get up to secure the panels and it extends up to 12.5 meters. I took it all the way up so that I could get some photos. I'm not a huge fan of heights so it was a bit freaky but still cool.

I seriously haven't done anything since the last post but work, come home eat and sleep. Its been ridiculous. This weekend i actually went out a bit. I was tired as shit but i needed a break. Friday night me and the girl just headed out for tea down at the bay and Saturday night I headed to a bar called the Alma to hang out with some of the girls friends. Its weird me and the girl have been going out for nearly 8 months but I don't know her friends all that well so it was good to hang out with them. A few of her guys friends are good blokes so we get along pretty well.

Today was my day off so the girl and I picked Hoggot and Layno up and headed to the Kentish for drinks for Calvins birthday. As you know we normally head to the Kentish for a parmy every couple of weeks but today i had TWO! One for lunch and then one again for tea. They were both great and now i feel terribly terribly full. It was a really good day. We got there at about 12:30 and left at about 8. It was a really long time to spend in such a small pub but it was fun. I lost money on the pokies and Hoggot, as usual won a few times.

As i said before the crane is coming at 7am tomorrow to lift the panels up. After tomorrow we have a bit of mucking around to do but that is it for a few weeks before we start pouring the floors. I'm so happy and cant wait to take some time off. I like working 6 and 7 days a week because the money is great but after working 80 hour weeks for a few months its starting to drag. Christmas is looking like it will be fun and i have a few plans for new years eve so that should be good too. More later.

Bye now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

stand on your roof and try to see me waving at you from my roof over here. actaully stand on your crane/bobcat/back hoe/tractor thingy then you will definitely see me! well maybe if i hold up a pink flag. there are no words for how excited i am to come home. lub u x

Phil said...

Did you see me? lol. I cant wait till you get back either. Should be awesome on new years.

Anonymous said...

no i was too busy spewing my arse up on the stupid fishing boat. i nearly died it was so awful.