Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Lost Week

To be honest I don't know where this week has gone. All day today I thought it was Tuesday but obviously I was way off. We struggled Monday and Tuesday to get a job finished so it could be sprayed with concrete Wednesday. We only just got it ready in time and had to work some really long hours. The shotcrete gang came Wednesday and 8 guys sprayed the walls. I was a huge day for them with over 180 square meters of wall to be done. They were still pouring when I left at 2 to go to a different job. It came up 100 percent but god to those guys work hard.

I had tea with Tilney Tuesday night which was really good. We hadn't caught up for a good two months and it was amazing how many things had changed in such a short time. It made me realize how much I enjoy her friendship and how lucky I am to have friends like her. Its so good to have people around you that you have known your whole life and you are completely comfortable around.

I took a few photos of the guys spraying the walls but the camera on my phone is a bit scratched so they are pretty average. I am going to have to go in and get another phone or something because the one I have, even though its only six months old, everything is going wrong with it. I guess they arn't meant for my sort of work. Oh well, I think I might even get an Iphone next?

Tonight, to celebrate getting her new job, the girl went out a bought a watch. We went and saw our friend Bridie who works at a jeweler and she gave us such a ridiculous discount on the watch that the girl bought two different ones. We got two watches for half the full price of one. A very good buy.

This weekend will be a bit weird for me because for the first time in a long time I might not be working Saturday. I probably won't know what to do with myself for two whole days. I guess I will just watch a heap of TV and annoy the girl. Its what I do really. Byes nows y'alls.

No comments: