Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Taxing Times

You know when you get so busy during a week that you lose track of what has happened or what day it is. That has been my life lately. The trip to Mildura was good, better than expected. We didn't leave till 6 Friday night and so didn't get there untill after 11 due to stopping for Pizza in Tununda. It was a huge day of work and driving and it was only minutes after we arrived that the girl and I were in bed asleep.

The only bad thing about the weekend was that we did not get an ounce of rest. The girl's uncle was down with his family and they have three small kids so even though we had late nights it was very early mornings to follow. We toured a few of the sites of Mildura including a giant maze which was for the kids and a round of mini golf. The weekend went by so quickly and before we knew it we were on our way back to Adelaide.

This week at work was a lot like the weekend. Early, early mornings and long days. We have been digging an underground garage and in the last two days have moved over 400 tonne of dirt. My day today consisted of digging and loading with the 13 tonne excavator and cleaning up with the bobcat. I have worked a few 12 hour days this week so I'm definitely spent.

I need a holiday and thank god we leave for the snow on Saturday. The only problem is with all the boarding and drinking that is going to go on on the trip I will need another break to get over it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, we should hang out.

I'm pretty fucken boring, so it'll give you a good rest from all your busy shit!