Monday, September 27, 2010

My Sporting Weekend

How bloody good was the AFL Grand Final draw!!!! I could not believe how crazy that was. For those of you who don't know or didn't see it the Australian Football League grand final was on the weekend and the two teams, St Kilda and Collingwood, drew! Its crazy I know. The other crazy thing is that in AFL there is no time on or extra time, a draw is a draw and so they come back next week and play again. Another game, another 100,000 people and another million BBQ's around the country. I really didn't want Collingwod to win so a draw was the perfect result for me. Hopefully this weekend the Saints get up.

The other incredible sporting event of the weekend was the Singapore F1 race. I have been a fan of the F1's for a long time and I am the first one to admit that a couple of years ago the sport became incredibly boring. The passing was limited and the racing was boring but this year has been one of the most exciting years in history. Last nights race in Singapore was no different. The race is held under lights which provides spectacular cinematography but the race, damn it was a good race. Too complicated to be written down through my little mind but all I can say is three different races all rolled into one by the end resulting in Webber and Hamilton colliding, Hamilton came off second best resulting in Webber's championship lead increasing. I hope the next race follows the seasons trend and is as great as this one.

No comments: