Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Hospital Visit

Well this last week was a wealth of excitement all building up to a visit to the hospital! The weekend was damn fantastic. I did a cash job Saturday morning before heading home to set up for my birthday party that night. It started out as a small group of people and ended up with around 25 to 30 people outside all having a good time. Many of you were probably there. It was such a good night and there were so many great people. Some I have known for a life time and some I met that night. The best thing about having a party at your house is the last hour or so when most people have left and you get to hang out drunkenly with four or five good friends. I enjoyed it immensely.

Sunday was sluggish to get started, mainly due to the throbbing inside my head. Domi and I decided to go out and spend some of the spoils of my hard day at work the day before. We toured round to a few furniture stores to buy some bar stools for in our kitchen. It would have been quicker to find Where's Wally but after three hours we finally found two that we liked. We did a deal and were all ready to take them home when the lady said "we don't have any in stock so they will have to come from Melbourne, they will be here in 2 to 3 weeks!!!!! 2 to 3 bloody weeks! Melbourne in only an 8 hour drive, I will go get them myself for gods sake! Not very happy but I guess thats the way things are.

Before we knew it the working week was back again and it was Monday, or Tuesday or something. I laid more concrete and dug more holes. Tuesday night though I had an accident. My hand got crushed. At the time I didn't think it was too bad but the blood kept flowing and the swelling kept swelling. That night it didn't look to bad so I left it and decided I would go to work the next day and see how it felt. By Wednesday afternoon it was badly swollen and I could barely move any of my fingers. I got home and Domi told me straight away that we needed to go to the emergency. Fearing it was broken/infected I agreed and off we went.

I have had bad luck in the past with breaking fingers and having them heal wrong so we went down and sat in the emergency room. We sat and waited and sat and waited and then were moved into another room where we sat and waited.  Finally after nearly 5 hours of waiting, 4 x-rays, 2 cokes and a packet of M&M's I was given the all clear. Nothing serious was broken but I had a nasty infection in one of my knuckles and that had caused a lot of the swelling. I was given a big box of pills and we were out the door. Thank god.

Its still pretty sore today and movement is very very limited but at least nothing is broken.

No comments: