Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Country Feel

Over the last month or so we have been working South of Adelaide in a rural area called Yankalilla. It has been good and bad but it has definitely been different. One of the great things about working down there is the country people and how trusting they are. The craziest thing I have done since going down there is loaded our truck by myself in the Quarry. Now in town you are not allowed out of your truck in any of the quarries and you are loaded by a loader driver who gives you an exact weight. Down at Yankalilla the guy who runs the quarry just told me to do it myself. He asked me if I knew how to drive a loader which I can and then just said, well you can do it cant you? So for a whole day I carted rubble to our job loading the truck with a $400000 machine that some guy is just letting me use! I don't think I would be that trusting with something worth that much with someone that I have never met and only have his word that he can opperate it properly. Thats like buying a Ferrari and handing a 22 year old the keys and asking, you can drive a manual can't you? Very funny, I think.

No comments: