Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Holliday Hiatus

Wow its been a long time since I have written and it feels like forever. The last two weeks have been hectic to say the least. Its been a mix of work, homecomings and holiday celebrations.

The girls sister Amanda arrived back from England two weeks ago which was massive because she had been over there working for almost two years. The girl was so excited because they are very close. Its been weird from me because when she left we did not know each other that well and now after almost three years with the girl and knowing her mum its odd to be a bit uncomfortable around her sister. We are chatting though so we will get there. Its just crazy being at two different levels of friendship with two family members.

The other major visit was my American cousin and her husband. They are living and working in Seoul Korea and came down for six days to say hi. It was weird because I hadn't seen my cousin Heather for close to ten years and had never met her husband before so I didn't really know what to expect. We took them on a whirlwind tour of South Australia and I had so much fun hanging out with the crazy Americans. We did the Barrossa wine region and ended up buying 36 bottles of wine, we toured down the South coast and saw all the animals and birds down at the farm and we did a couple of wild life parks and got to hold a koala. It was a pretty hectic few days and with Christmas in between it was crazy. It was great to have them down and although hectic they were a great couple of days.

Christmas was much of the same. Lots of driving between the girls family and mine but it was worth it and oh my god did I eat soo soo too too much. My mum cooked Swedish meatballs and tandoori lamb which was not very traditional but very Australian because of our multicultural society. After breakfast and lunch we headed back to the girls house where I slept between 5 and 8:30pm. It was great.
Byes.

No comments: