Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My Two Sides

The weekend was really good. I didn't work and the girl and I just chilled out. We went to the Royal Adelaide Show on Saturday which was really quite cool. The show travels all around Australia and has all the attractions from roller coasters to show jumping and cow judging. We walked around and looked at all the different animals and sights and ate hot dogs. It was actually more exciting than I thought it was going to be. The last time I went I was a lot younger so it was good to go again.

For the first time in a long time we didn't really have anything on for this weekend. No 21st's or any sort of party so it was a weekend to relax. I went to the Ed Friday night for an hour or two and hung out with some good people but Saturday night we just relaxed and watched the football. A good Saturday night in fact.

Tomorrow is going to be an odd day. Scientists in France are going to switch on a machine which will start an experiment involving firing protons together. This is the first time humans have tried this and many people have doubts over the results. It is the same reaction that started the "Big Bang" event and although they say it is safe it is still a bit worrying. I don't know what to think because all through history humans have triumphed due to guts and determination. Many people do not know this, but when they set off the first atomic bomb they did not know if its reaction would cause a continuous reaction in its surrounds and destroy the whole world. They went ahead anyway and this lead to one of the most amazing yet destructive forces we know. I guess this isn't the first time our race has tempted its fate but I guess it is just better publicized now. I have a science brain but It is still in the back of my mind. I guess we will all see tomorrow. If it all ends, I love you, I love you with all I am and I have had fun, I will kiss you tonight and when I wake up tomorrow I will kiss you again. Byes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man I wrote a freakin' huge comment before and it looks like it didn't work.

Well that just gives me the grumps.

Phil said...

Ah i freakin hate that.