Monday, March 21, 2011

My Race Weekend

The weekend started early last week because instead of working Friday we went to watch the motor racing at the Clipsal 500. The week seemed to fly past and Friday was upon us before we knew it. Our race day started early with Domi and I meeting up with my parents as well as a big group of people we know and work with for breakfast at a little Cafe on Frome road. It is what we do every year and its always a good start to what is normally a long day.

By 9am we were in our favourite track position getting set up for the day. Nearly every year we sit in a little elevated spot on turn 7, which is one of the best spots on the track. It was perfect weather for watching every form of car go past, so that's exactly what we did. Don't believe me, check the photos.

After our relaxing day Friday it was back to work for me and it seems like I barely blinked and the weekend was over. I did nearly 12 hours Saturday and was beyond stuffed Saturday night. Its sad to say but at 24 years old I was asleep on the couch at 8:30pm Saturday night. I only worked half a day on Sunday doing a couple of small jobs and then made it home just in time to see the start of the last leg of the Clipsal 500. It was bliss to just sit on the couch and do nothing. It was also a pretty thrilling race and I was happy because the winner was driving a Holden. Go the Reds!

2 comments:

Torkona said...

Hey dude. good on ya for making a review. Did one my self over at the Adelaide and South Australia blog

Adelaide Clipsal 500 review

see what ya think!

- tork

Phil said...

Awesome clipsal post mate. Cheers for your comment.