Monday, May 11, 2009

My Concrete Chaos

Last week was hell due to work being so hectic. On Wednesday I had possibly the most stressful day of my life. It started Tuesday with me working a twelve hour day trying to get a job ready to be poured Wednesday. Wednesday came and the concrete pour was going well until the third concrete truck just didn't show up. I rang the concrete plant and was told that there was a burst water main and they couldn't batch any more concrete! I went off my face at the person on the phone because I couldn't believe something like this could happen and they didn't even ring me to let me know! I was very unhappy and very stressed because I had a 80 square meter addition half poured and no concrete on the way. I ring up four different concrete companies but they couldn't send a truck for an hour and a half so I had to wait and see what was going to happen. Luckily 45 minutes later a truck showed up and the pour continued. Its not a good feeling to have a job half finished and 5 guys standing around doing nothing. Very stressful.

Apart from that the rest of the week was pretty good. I worked for another concreter and we poured 200 square meters Thursday and Friday so very productive. The weekend was relaxing.

The best part about my week was watching an old punk DVD with Adam and Sam, it was something we hadn't done in years and it really brought back good memories. For a Saturday night where we did nothing, it was the best one I have had in a long time.

Byes

No comments: