Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Hectic Hell of a Time

These last couple of weeks could not have been any more hectic. I swear if life moved any faster I wouldn't be able to see you through the blur. The reason life has been so crazy is that for the last two weeks I have been running the business due to my father being pretty sick. In between organizing a couple of big jobs and working like crazy, Domi and I have also been incredibly busy. This week for instance, we have seen two gigs, had tea with friends, a birthday and its only bloody Thursday, let alone the weekend which was just a mess of events and driving from one end of town to another.

Monday night was the first gig, its was Alexisonfire at HQ. This is the sixth or seventh time I have seen these guys and I swear they get better every time. We ended up sitting in the VIP section with a couple of other friends who play in bands and are connected in that scene. We sat right up in the roof rafters looking down over the whole crowd and the band. It was a great vantage point and made the gig even better. They played a couple of songs I had never heard them play live before as well as covering a Midnight Oil song which I thought was hilarious/awesome! An incredible start to the week.

Work was work Tuesday but I worked ridiculously hard and after a late night I was buggered that night but it was off to see Paramore with Domi and some other peeps. Domi is a huge fan so the tickets were a bit of a birthday present. I'm not a huge fan but I know a few songs and they put on a great live show so they were interesting to see. Domi loved it so that's all that counts. We watched the band and then bolted to our car to get home to bed. Another late night followed by a huge struggle to get out of bed the next morning.

Last night we had a nice tea with one of Domi's work colleagues, She is a really nice girl and its great to finally have put a face to the girl I speak to on the phone. It was bliss to have a mildly relaxing night before we get cranked up for the weekends festivities.

The most important event of this week is my fiance Domi's birthday today!!!!! Happy birthday babe. Love you. Enjoy your day.

Bye now.

No comments: